call back
call back

Get Support

Student Visa

Test Guidance

Visit Visa


Dependent Visa




University Registration

Student Visa

Unconditional Offer Letter, Financials, Source of Incomes, Bank Loan, Visa Applications, Visa Payments, Visa Appointments, Preparations with Moc sessions. SOP proof of return. Contact Enlight team for further assistance.

Visit Visa

Invitation letter from the person whom you wanted to visit, Financial resourcees, Savings for the intended stay, Proof of returns, Visa Applications, Visa Payments, Visa Appointments, Preparations with Moc sessions, Enlight team for further assistan

Dependent Visa

Marriage Certificate/Photos, Visa history of the current living person in abroad, Financial proofs for length of stay, Visa Applications, Visa Payments, Visa Appointments, Preparations with Moc sessions, proofs of return. Enlight team for further assistance.


When studying abroad, program providers will often help set you up with a place to live. But for some students abroad -- particularly those doing direct enrollment -- the house hunting search is left in your hands. Since looking for a place to live abroad is likely totally new to you, you're probably wondering just what your study abroad housing options are exactly.

Typical options -- aside from university provided accommodation -- include home stays, apartments, and sometimes dorms.

Regardless of the reason, finding independent student housing is a simple and flexible option for students studying abroad or participating in exchange programs -- at least, once you know what to look for and where. So, without further ado, here's the full scoop on study abroad housing -- from what type of housing abroad works best for you to a list of helpful resources to start your housing abroad search!

What Types of Study Abroad Housing is There?

We'll start with the basics. What kind of living situation do you want? Are you looking to more deeply immerse yourself into the local culture by staying in a homestay? Do you want to know what it's like to live in a dorm with other foreign students? Maybe you want to work on your language skills by staying with the family and surrounding yourself with local customs? Or you simply want to branch out on your own and make your own experiences!

Typical options -- aside from university provided accommodation -- include home stays, apartments, and sometimes dorms. They can dramatically change your experience depending on which one you pick.

Home stay

In a home stay you will be set up with a family, which can range from an entire family, a couple, or a single host parent. Typically you are given a room -- either private or to share with one other student. The fee usually includes rent, utilities, and food costs. It's a great way to immerse your self into the local language, lifestyle, and food.

But it also lacks the privacy and freedom that an apartment can supply. You will be will be living with a family and have to respect the rules the individual home stay sets in place -- which can often be an adjustment for college kids just getting used to their newfound freedom from mom and dad!


Apartments allows you freedom, flexibility, and independence you can't get through homestay or dorm life. Whether you're living with other exchange students or local residents (though, I'd strongly suggest living with locals), you're bound to get a more raw experience.

With no one to hold your hand, it's a great way to jump feet first into an experience abroad! It also gives you an opportunity to immerse yourself into the local population on your own terms. Splitting a flat with friends or strangers come with lots of ups and downs, and there are many questions to ask yourself before diving in. For example, can you get along with potentially conflicting personalities. While abroad having a place to call home is crucial to a successful experience.

Also, look for furnished apartments. Otherwise, you'll have to purchase and leave behind many items you will need for the time spent abroad and will be looking at some unnecessarily high costs during move in.

Student Dorms

If you want a truly immersive experience, think about living in a local student dorm. Often, you'll be able to find a dorm directly through the university, or a dorm-like set up that's run by another organization unassociated with the university.

Typically, this option tends to be pretty affordable and will pretty much always come furnished -- but if you're totally over the student dorm life, you might not be up for it on your study abroad.

How Can You Find Student Housing?

So, what resources would you use to find housing anyway? Though Craigslist, and other national versions of it (like GumTree) exist in other countries, it's not always your best option. You're also not quite in the position to need a realtor, and can't rely on word of mouth (unless you know someone in that city already, of course!)

Your first stop should always be a quick email to your point of contact at your host university, but you also have the following trustworthy study abroad housing providers to work with as well:

University Registration

Registration process

Once after you reach the universities in abroad International students first step to get enroll with the universities for the opted program, In some cases If the student willing to change the program, time of enrollment can discuss with the concern International enrollment department officer and change the program But some times may be not possible in all cases. The registration process for study abroad universities are different from the Indian universities registration process for on-campus studies You will be assisted either online registration/@ International office in university. You have choice to register yourself in courses at the university online portal for the quarter or term you are out of the country. The registration process must complete before the universities orientation deadlines, It's students responsibility regularly to check the e-mail communication by the university.

If you will be a full time student abroad, you will enroll in a maximum 12 credits this course number will remain on your student registration account for the duration of your study abroad program. Even though you may ultimately earn more than 12 credits for your program, you will only see the 12 credit course (minimum full-time enrollment) Universities cannot enroll you in the placeholder course if you have a hold on your account for any reason or if you have not completed your enrollment tasks such as purchasing study abroad insurance, attending orientation, etc.

Requirements for Study Abroad Registration

In order to be enrolled, you must complete the online application post-decision requirements.
These tasks include:

Registration Dates

Universities registration requirements must be completed by the following dates:

Early Fall AutumnWinterSpringSummer
June 1August 1November 15February 15May 1

Once you complete the universities registration requirements, the university International Office will register you for the FSTDY placeholder course. Again, you do not need to register yourself for your study abroad program. International office will help you to register easy @ admissions office when you visit direct.

Documents Required for Enrollment:

Test Guidance

Competitive entrance exams to get going for abroad studies

Competitive entrance exams including SAT, MCAT, LSAT, GMAT, GRE, IELTS and the TOEFL are required for abroad studies.
TOEFL and IELTS top the list of exams in terms of the sheer number of international students involved in the process of taking either one of the tests to demonstrate their English language skills. 

A passport to your dreams

Thousands of aspirants migrate to various parts of the world every year to complete their higher studies. Whilst the global study abroad scene has opened up tremendously to accommodate students of all academic backgrounds and interests, there are still certain preset academic standards that need to be met in order to gain admission to a university or college abroad. These are achieved by clearing competitive international entrance exams. Good performances in competitive 'tudy abroad' exams also help you to win scholarships and other forms of financial aid, no small consideration for a majority of the applicants.

Popular entrance exams

Some of the most popular, and most important, international entrance exams for abroad studies include the SAT, LSAT, GMAT, GRE, IELTS,PTE and the TOEFL. These are required for admission to universities and colleges in various countries across the globe; at times, the need may be a combination of one or more of these and other tests/examinations specific to that country and its education system.


The TOEFL and the IELTS probably top the list with regard to the sheer number of students across the world needing to undertake one or the other to demonstrate English language proficiency. The widest possible selection of universities and colleges accept TOEFL scores, including the top 100 in the UK, U.S, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The IELTS is a mandatory exam for Indian and other non-native English speakers, especially in the Commonwealth countries, for entry into most reputed universities and colleges overseas, and occasionally for immigration requirements as well.

The TOEFL is held throughout the year, usually on weekends; the TOEFL is to be held only on weekends, both in the metros and the tier 2 and tier 3 cities. The IELTS, conducted by the British Council, is held in 71 centers spread all over the country, over four times a month.


PTE Academic is the world's leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration. Typically, PTE Academic results are available within five business days.Now a days most of the countries accepting PTE best scores.


The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is another popular examination among Indian students aspiring to study in the USA or Canada. It is a fairly standardized test that measures the verbal, mathematical and general analytical skills of the candidate, though the format has undergone quite a few changes over the years. It is an admission requirement for many graduate courses, especially in engineering and the sciences, in the USA. Management aspirants need to take the GMAT, which is an admissions assessment for business colleges. Average GMAT scores are in the range of 570-580; however, for top school admissions a score of at least 700 is almost mandatory. New sections have been introduced recently, such as Integrated Reasoning, which have made the test more competitive than before.

GRE and GMAT tests are available throughout the world in more than 500 locations, though you will have to book your slot in advance.


Other competitive study abroad examinations include the MCAT and the LSAT, mandatory for getting into medicine and law respectively in the USA. The MCAT is a multiple-choice test that is designed to evaluate the examinee's aptitude and knowledge about relevant subjects, while the LSAT that is administered by the Law School Admission Council for students who wish to pursue a career in law in the USA, Australia and Canada.

Competitive entrance exams are a standardized and reliable mode of evaluating the millions of applicants who aspire to study abroad every year, so take your time, prepare well and get ready to go places!

Hot Courses in Abroad