call back
call back

Scholarship UK

British universities and colleges are rarely able to offer scholarships for undergraduate studies, although some are available for exceptional students, especially for postgraduate courses in particular fields or for research. The awards guide "Study in Britain: a Guide to Scholarships and Fellowship" gives information about various scholarships available.

  • UK government offers tuition fee loans for graduate-level students on accelerated medical/dental programs and special funding for trainee teachers (PCGE or ITT)
  • Opportunities for funding from the seven government-funded Research Councils: AHRC, BBSRC, EPSRC, ESRC, MRC, NERC, STFC
  • Scientific studentships from organizations and charities such as Cancer Research UK, Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) and the Wellcome Trust
  • Funding via the British Council, including Erasmus grants and the UK 9/11 Scholarship Fund for surviving victims of the 9/11 attacks
  • The Fulbright Commission offers Postgraduate Student Awards for postgraduate studies at any accredited UK university (for US students only)
  • The Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) scheme helps provide funding for professional qualifications
  • Other international schemes include the Chevening Scholarships, the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme and Marshall Scholarship (for US students only)]
  • More scholarships to study in the UK?
Hot Courses in Abroad